No red on my monitor

Dave25 22:49 20 Nov 04

I have lost the red on my monitor is this due to a monitor failure or is it the graphics card. I am running XP home with service pack 2.

hugh-265156 23:15 20 Nov 04

some monitors when you disconnect them from your graphics card and turn them on, show a test screen a bit like a test card. try this maybe and see if you get one displayed and the colours are correct then re fit the cable securely.

woodchip 23:18 20 Nov 04

Check for bent pins in connectors on Monitor, It may also be a broken wire in the Signal cable, And as a last if it's a old Monitor the red Gun may have stopped working and not worth fixing

Gaz W 02:18 21 Nov 04

You could always try a different monitor on your PC or your monitor on a different PC to rule out the graphics card... nothing to lose.

It is more likely to be the monitor at fault though and hopefully it is, especially if you have onboard graphics!

Gaz W 02:18 21 Nov 04

You could always try a different monitor on your PC or your monitor on a different PC to rule out the graphics card... nothing to lose.

It is more likely to be the monitor at fault though and hopefully it is, especially if you have onboard graphics!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…