no recovery disk please help

Rocker 21:32 13 Apr 06

hi i got a toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop but have lost the recovery disk i have a windows 98 disk but cant install becouse i cant boot from the windows boot disk as my fdd is usb and the laptop wont boot from it. do anyone know where i can buy a recovery disk from for this laptop manythanks.

phono 21:39 13 Apr 06

Have you tried the Toshiba website? Having said that, price around, I don't know the Tecra 8100's specifications so this may not be a viable suggestion but have you considered installing XP?

Rtus 21:41 13 Apr 06

try here ,it may help point you to where to get Cd

click here

Rtus 21:45 13 Apr 06

try here ,it may help point you to where to get Cd

click here

click here

Rtus 21:46 13 Apr 06

opps first stereo post of my year...lol

woodchip 21:53 13 Apr 06

Have you been into BIOS and set it to boot from USB floppy. Mine boots from it

woodchip 21:55 13 Apr 06

What is the Operating System on the Laptop

Rocker 22:19 13 Apr 06

woodchip i looked in the BIOS but cant see it anyware its windows 98se

woodchip 22:23 13 Apr 06

Right in BIOS can you see a Page to set the computer to Boot from the CD as first boot device? second should be HD try booting with the Win98se CD and if it does run setup over it's self. This will leave your files intacked, but should make it as it will run. You need the Key there may be one on the Laptop, if not it should be on the book that came with Win98se CD

Rocker 22:27 13 Apr 06

thanks woodchip it booted from cd but is there a way a can format the hdd first

woodchip 22:30 13 Apr 06

Yes from the CD
If you can get it it to go to just D:\ gthen type Format C: so that it looks like this

D:\>Format C:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…