No Privacy Policy - Cookies being Blocked

MoggieX 21:15 26 Nov 03

Hi all,

I've had a quick search of the the net, but I don't seem to be able to find the information I looking for.

Basically I have my own website, which uses a paypal shopping cart, but the cookies are being rejected by default in the windows XP browser (IE) and unless a prospective customer alters thier setiings to allow the cookie so they are unable to add and remove items to their shopping cart as it uses cookies.

When I click the little red stop sign in the bottom bar of the browser, it tells me that the cookie has been blocked and the reason it gives in the summary window is:

'Could not find a privacy policy for click here. To view this sites privacy policy, contact the site directly'

This is making me curious of what the default is for previous versions of IE and I belive that they are blocking the cookies too, as I placed a counter on the checkout page and it's extremely low compared to the amount of hits that the site has recieved, I would have thought it would have been a lot higher than what it is.

What I basically getting at, 'How do I get a privacy policy?' So that I get the browsers to automatically accept the cookie.

Do I need to add a separate page?

I'm completely stumped!

In anticipation,

Matt

MichelleC 15:25 27 Nov 03

Paypal has a nasty habit of saying this when the site's busy; I've had it when logging into my account. It accepts pc's when privacy is set to medium, but not sure about higher. Their support is good, but take's about 1 - 2 days for reply. Someone else may solve though.

MoggieX 19:04 27 Nov 03

Hi MichelleC,

I don't beleive it's to do with paypal, it's the fact I don't have a privacy policy or know where to put one so that the cookies are accepted

Matt

MichelleC 19:52 27 Nov 03

I'd try setting your 'privacy' in internet options to medium and have a look at the options in 'security', but it may be better to post this in the helproom for xp users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…