No printing via Terminal Services

steviekill 20:01 08 Oct 03

I have a small network made of of one SQL, WIN2K server and Two Terminal Services servers.

On both the terminal servers I have printers setup which allows me to print via the terminal services client. Unfotunately for some reason my printing caperbilities have been lost !

And I can only print if an IP address for that printer is set up directly to a client on the LAN.

All three machines are running very sluggish and I suspect it could be a virus as there was alot of activity on port 135 on one of the terminal services servers.

Is anyone familiar with a virus that does this. A few weeks backs we had blaster and so bogf but thought we had successfully removed them !

All Services for the print spooler and the TCP/IP are turned on on both the terminal servers and I have tried stopping and starting them and all seem normal but the two won't talk to the main server in order to print !!!

I any kind and intelligent techies out there may have the an help on this puzzling subject please, please feel free to comment ?

recap 20:57 08 Oct 03

Check the Port Settings.

oglemire 22:08 08 Oct 03

This kind of problem is normally the other way i.e TS clients can not print to local printers. If you go to Active Directory users and computers, select the user account and select the environment tab and deselect the option default to main client printer and try again... this may solve your issue. Can you print from the Terminal Server locally?. Another thing to try is to go to administrative tools and select Terminal Services manager click on the processes tab and look for spoolsv. If it is not present click start / run and type net start spooler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…