No print output from Word or other application

bpzoom 10:28 05 Mar 10

XP HOME, Office 2003. This PC is primarily used for internet access, particularly emails. Occasionally Microsoft Word and QuarkXpress 5.0 are used and printed output produced from those two applications on an Epson D120 inkjet printer. From a few days ago, neither Word nor Quark will produce any print output. The program print commands behave normally and the printer messages are normal. The printer gives every appearance and sound of producing print,line by line and page by page, but all pages are blank. Printer settings are unchanged. However the printer continues to produce print output without any problem using right click, and print on emails,and the same for any stand alone file such as an image file. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, but to no effect. Neither Word nor Quark will produce any print. The printer will only print via right click and print etc. Can anyone advise where the fault probably lies please?

howard64 18:46 05 Mar 10

has the printer for both these progs set itself to an imaginery printer. I had this once and had to set the printer as default.

bpzoom 08:57 08 Mar 10

OK I will check that.

bpzoom 09:03 08 Mar 10

howard64. The printer is the only printer recorded in the PRINT box for either programme. I thought by uninstalling and reinstalling it it would remove any corruption or false setting.

jack 10:51 08 Mar 10

Driver, plus any other accessories.
Shut down the machine.
Restart
Ensure the machine is Offline[disconnect the connection]
Disable any Anti virus
Insert the CD
Follow instructions EXACTLY
Select only the driver in this instance
When complete - re boot.

Whilst all that is going on
Set the printer to exchange cartridges and remove and reset them
Tell us what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…