No preview for photo's

stefan-194811 14:17 06 Nov 04

i recently formatted my hard drive and i backed up my photos using xp pro back up. After formatting i used back up to restore photos back on to the hard drive and chose to restore in there original place, but now when i want to look at the pictures it says there is no preview available. Does anybody know what i have done wrong or i am doing wrong as the photos are really quite important.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:21 06 Nov 04

Have you tried changing folder settings to View Thumbnails, then Edit,Select all (or Ctrl+A)and then right click on one photo and coose 'Refresh Thumbnail'?

canard 21:48 06 Nov 04

Good idea to save much loved/valued pics to a CD insurancewise.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:45 06 Dec 04

Agree with canard to keep backups on a CD.

stlucia 12:27 06 Dec 04

You don't say how you're looking at your photos -- i.e. what software are you using to do so?

Some camera software seems to keep a database of photos, their associated thumbnails, and descriptions (if any). If you manually shift the photos around or reinstall the software it can lose track of bits of information. If that's the case, you have to delete or refresh the folders in the software first, then re-load the original photos using the software -- not Windows File Manager.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:03 11 Dec 04

Are you ok with your photo's now?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:47 26 Dec 04

Please tick if resolved, ta

JaßîsFaß ˜ 02:22 05 Jan 05

SEASHANTY 16:15 05 Jan 05

Free download of PICASA

click here
which will find and organise all pics on your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…