No Power to PC?!

GregB 12:36 05 Dec 05

Hey all,

Went away for the weekend, and returned to home to use my PC. Press the On button, and nothing happened!

Checked the obvious, i.e. plugged in. Swapped the power lead, and confirm the existing one works, fuse was ok in the plug etc...

Is the next stage of diagnosis to play around and swap the power unit? I've not really got too great an idea when it comes to the internal stuff!

Thanks in advance!

woodchip 12:49 05 Dec 05

PSU is easy to change, but first take side off then just connect leads from the PSU you want to test with, leave the PSU in bottom of comp while you test. If it works Swap it

woodchip 12:50 05 Dec 05

PS Normaly four screws round the fan at the back hold it in

Big Elf 12:56 05 Dec 05

If it's an ATX case then it could also be that the power button is faulty. To test you could disconnect the Power button from the motherboard and connect the Reset button to the power connectors and try switching it on using that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…