no power help - urgent

musiclady 09:56 21 Feb 03

i have installed all drives etc into a new case and motherboard.When i come to boot i have no poer

Gongoozler 10:03 21 Feb 03

musiclady, the only things likely to cause no power are incorrect fitting of the power on switch cable to the motherboard, incorrect fitting of the ATX power connector to the motherboard, incorrect fitting of the mains cable, no fuse in the mains cable, no power at the mains socket you are connected to, and possibly a power switch on the back of the computer case.

lisamaree 10:08 21 Feb 03

Suggest going back to just the case / motherboard and powersupply. If this starts ie fans etc work, disconnect the power lead connect the power to the drives make sure the 3 1/5 floppy connector is on correctly not missed placed by 1 pin this will short the powersupply. If it starts then power down and connect the data cables make sure these are the right way around powerup again if it starts you're in business. Normally a computer powersupply won't start due to a short check there is no shorts between the motherboard and case this is normally an caused by an extra standoff. Is the powerswitch connected to the correct pins on the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced