No Power

wingfield 20:52 04 Jan 05

Apparently before I came home from work one of the computers wouldn't boot up properly. One of my sons decided to have a look at the connections - unplugged a few and re plugged them. He found a little red slider on the back of the power unit and moved that across. Now the computer seems dead of electric. I've changed the lead and moved this little red thingly but still absolutely dead. There is an on/off switch on the power unit but this is on and still no power. Is the power unit up the shoot?

Technotiger 20:57 04 Jan 05

Ooops! that little red slider is probably the mains voltage setter - UK/Continental. May have only blown fuse in plug at mains - if your lucky -or killed PSU.

Cheers.

Graham ® 20:59 04 Jan 05

With a bit of luck there may be an internal fuse in the PSU.

THE TERMINATOR 20:59 04 Jan 05

Yes it's kapputt. The slider at the back changed the power settings from uk to europe. You will most certainly have to change your PSU and just hope that no damage has been done to your mobo(or any other hardware), otherwise that will have to be changed to....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…