No POST on power on

Gorgeous 16:24 24 Mar 03

Help. I recently made an error on the bios setup of my asus a7v133 motherboard & now it will not perform the p.o.s.t. on power up, monitor remains
blank. I understand most motherboards have a jumper which can be moved to reset the bios to default settings. I have scoured the manual but cannot see this feature on my m'board. I have also unclipped the battery overnight but this hasn't made any difference. Any advice on restoring BIOS to default would be most welcome. This seems an unlikely way to trash a motherboard.

woodchip 16:50 24 Mar 03

Can you see to get into CMOS, if not there should be a jumper near the motherboard battery with three pins and a jumper on two of them change the jumper to the other two pins and then back to clear the CMOS to defaults, if it does not work you will have to remove the battery and then put it back make shure it's the same way up when you put it back

PA28 19:07 24 Mar 03

Don't like the sound of this - removing the battery should have done the trick of resetting the CMOS to defaults.

As an aside, a warning from times past here. When removing the battery (on the assumption that it's a buttoncell) do it with the motherboard vertical so that the battery falls away to the bottom of the case when it's removed. I once prised a good battery out with the motherboard horizontal ... and then dropped it. It shorted on the board with a convincingly loud (and expensive) zzzzzzzzzz before I could do anything. Be careful!

Rayuk 19:13 24 Mar 03

Clearing the cmos should do the trick.[as per woodchips advise.]
Did you actually remove the battery???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5