No POST & Monitor not starting

SaysEwe 10:23 13 Nov 05

Update from my earlier post... After no help for my problem from forum, I took my tower to a shop, who reported the processor was cooked....This reminded me that 2 months abt before, I heard this beeping which turned out to be the processor overheat warning, I blew the dust out with an airline, which stopped the beeping, and the computer appeared reasonable apart from noticing the system resorces were low at about 49% ish.

Anyway, they fitted a new 64bit board, and AMD Sempron processor, couldn't get my SATA drives to connect (ME, and I didn't want them formatted) so I agreed to have XP Home, which they loaded on to an 80gig drive I had as spare in the case... so although I can access the data on my SATA drives, I have had to transfer or make loads of shortcuts etc.... I'm not sure that I want to fiddle and get my SATA operational again.........

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 13 Nov 05

So what is the problem?

Do you POST ok now?

Do you want to install XP to your SATA and boot from SATA1?

SaysEwe 10:58 13 Nov 05

Hi Fruit Bat.....

Yes of course the POST is fine with a new MoBo.

My SATA drives WERE in mirror mode, and showing as one drive, they are now showing as 2 separate drives with the same content. The shop loaded XP on the 80gig drive using NTFS

To be honest, it isn't a problem as such, but any advice on bringing these SATA drives into play would be helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac