No POST & Monitor not starting

SaysEwe 10:23 13 Nov 05

Update from my earlier post... After no help for my problem from forum, I took my tower to a shop, who reported the processor was cooked....This reminded me that 2 months abt before, I heard this beeping which turned out to be the processor overheat warning, I blew the dust out with an airline, which stopped the beeping, and the computer appeared reasonable apart from noticing the system resorces were low at about 49% ish.

Anyway, they fitted a new 64bit board, and AMD Sempron processor, couldn't get my SATA drives to connect (ME, and I didn't want them formatted) so I agreed to have XP Home, which they loaded on to an 80gig drive I had as spare in the case... so although I can access the data on my SATA drives, I have had to transfer or make loads of shortcuts etc.... I'm not sure that I want to fiddle and get my SATA operational again.........

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 13 Nov 05

So what is the problem?

Do you POST ok now?

Do you want to install XP to your SATA and boot from SATA1?

SaysEwe 10:58 13 Nov 05

Hi Fruit Bat.....

Yes of course the POST is fine with a new MoBo.

My SATA drives WERE in mirror mode, and showing as one drive, they are now showing as 2 separate drives with the same content. The shop loaded XP on the 80gig drive using NTFS

To be honest, it isn't a problem as such, but any advice on bringing these SATA drives into play would be helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…