No post beep or monitor output

Suzuki ITFC 20:13 17 Mar 05

Can someone please help, I have a HP Pavilion 7865 on Windows XP. All was running fine till yesterday. When I turn on the computer I hear the fans and hard drive start up but when I turn on the monitor it goes green like its coming on then turns back to the orange standby light. I also don't hear a post beep!

Could it be the CMOs battery or something else?

Thanks in Advance.

pavel 20:21 17 Mar 05

I have a machine that had a similar problem , on complete shut down it only partly restarts. I half solved this by turning off pc unpluging the power cable and reseating the RAM yes I know this is a bodge but if this works it may expose the real reason for the problem which in my case was a BIOS update was needed.
Bless you
Pavel

Technotiger 20:23 17 Mar 05

Hi, this is an indication of power problem - probably means your psu is dying - replace psu.

Cheers.

pavel 20:24 17 Mar 05

While your in the casing make sure all power connectors and cables , pci cards etc are secure infact the golden rule is check the obvious first ie, exterior cables cables.
Good hunting
Pavel

Storik 20:30 17 Mar 05

Well it's a couple of weeks since my computer did the self same thing. Fine the night before, refused to boot the following morning - no error beeps - nothing.

Now in my case, and it may not be your problem, it turned out to be a faulty memory module. I had two luckily, and trying each one separately found that one was causing the problem and replaced it.

Everything has been fine since - so with a bit of luck, it may be simply rectified.

Good luck

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…