no port for phone line

Desperate-Dan 09:58 22 Jul 06

Hi,my friend bought a desktop computer from mesh, I haven't seen yet, but he told me there is no were to plug a phone cable into the back of the pc, he said all there is, is a network port, he's phoning mesh monday to try and get it sorted, surly there is a modem on the pc but he said in the documents there no mention of a modem,

Diodorus Siculus 10:01 22 Jul 06

These days dial up modems are left out unless asked for... easy enough to buy one and add it in though.

SG Atlantis® 10:49 22 Jul 06

Dial Up modems are going the way of the floppy disk... extinct.

SLAYER 11:25 22 Jul 06

A floppy has its uses.

ade.h 14:46 22 Jul 06

Sure does, unfortunately: SATA and RAID drivers.

anchor 17:05 22 Jul 06

SG Atlantis®: I am afraid I beg to disagree. In my opinion these are far from extinct.

I send quite a lot of faxes, and my trusty dial-up modem is essential for this. It is also useful if my ADSL connection should go down.

For a manufacturer to leave one out, just to save what must only cost them such a small amount, is inexcusable.

DieSse 17:43 22 Jul 06

*For a manufacturer to leave one out, just to save what must only cost them such a small amount, is inexcusable.*

No, it's just a choice. If you want a PC with a modem, or a floppy drive, then you must be sure to buy one with one fitted.

If I didn't want or need a modem (which I wouldn't, as I don't even have a telephone line) - then I would prefer not to have to buy one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017