no playback device

Les53 22:15 10 Jan 05

i have just installed a new sound card for a friend, it was supposed to be a 5 minute job. i disabled the on board in the bios but every time i restarted to install the new card it installed again. i finally found a manual and moved the jumpers on the motherboard to finally disable it. I installed the new card and drivers perfectly, but in the sound properties there is no playback or recording device, normally when i install a sound card it ask for the original disc for extra files. What have i missed.? Time Computer, MS 6378 ver 1 motherboard, model 766mk01g3, ac 97 onboard sound. C-media intalled for new card. The problem for the new card was garbled sound when playing games on onboard sound.

Earthworm 22:17 10 Jan 05

you can disable the on-board sound card in the BIOS at start up.

Les53 22:35 10 Jan 05

i disabled the on board sound in the bios including soundblaster mpu 400 but it still installed on start up

Les53 22:38 10 Jan 05

To be more precise, onboard legacy audio, sounblaster, MPU 401 & game Port all disabled

Les53 22:50 10 Jan 05

i havve just downloaded the new via motherboard drivers and also the on board sound driver.

how can i be sure i have cleared all the failed attempts to install one or the other?

Les53 22:59 10 Jan 05

I have just searched the archives to find a similar problem, it seem a Format is the only solution , what about installing Me over the top of its self.

Where is everybody?

Les53 22:28 11 Jan 05

sorted,add new hardware,system devices,microsoft,plug & play software enumerator.reboot when installed ,install sound card driver and bingo the play back device is back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…