No pictures on some web sites

tonyx1302 15:52 25 Jan 04

Help needed !! I have just visited click here to check out their animation shorts and find that I cannot download any of their pictures or trailers. I instead get an outlined box with a small white square in the top left hand corner. In the box is a small green circle, a small blue triangle and a small red square. I have tried right clicking etc but no success. I have also had this problem on some other sites I have visited. I am on XP and Broadband.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tony

Diodorus Siculus 16:07 25 Jan 04

Tools, internet options, advanced, reset defaults.

It may be that gifs are being blocked for some reason.

IClaudio 16:19 25 Jan 04

Hmmm, same problem here...

T

tonyx1302 16:23 25 Jan 04

Hi Diodorus Siculus/ IClaudio.
Just reset defaults. No luck. Any further thoughts.
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:26 25 Jan 04

Try a different browser: eg Mozilla Firebird and see what happens.

tonyx1302 16:30 25 Jan 04

Sorry D.S. I'm very new to the computer world and don't know how to change to another browser and if I did, would I still be able to re install my current brower if that didn't work. I would be very about going into unknown areas!!!!

Diodorus Siculus 16:39 25 Jan 04

OK - best not go down that route; hopefully someone can help you sort this one.

VoG II 16:41 25 Jan 04

Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab, check that "show pictures" is ticked.

If that doesn't work, try a repair click here

Download Opera click here

Sign on as usual with your browser, then minimise it with _ top right. Then open the Opera browser.

Your existing browser will still be there.

tonyx1302 17:56 25 Jan 04

Hi [email protected]@m/VoG/Diodorus Siculus/IClaudio.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have just'gone boldly........etc. and have just downloaded Opera and it worked!!!!!!!
I first loaded Opera and then went back to website where I couldn't download the pics and it told be I needed Quicktime. So I also downloaded that and low and behold, it opened up everything. I am very impressed with the Opera browser, what I have seen of it, so I assume I can just leave on my desktop and open the browser when I want.
I am very pleased with myself and also very gratefull for all your kind help everybody.
Many thanks

tonyx1302 17:56 25 Jan 04

Hi [email protected]@m/VoG/Diodorus Siculus/IClaudio.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have just'gone boldly........etc. and have just downloaded Opera and it worked!!!!!!!
I first loaded Opera and then went back to website where I couldn't download the pics and it told be I needed Quicktime. So I also downloaded that and low and behold, it opened up everything. I am very impressed with the Opera browser, what I have seen of it, so I assume I can just leave on my desktop and open the browser when I want.
I am very pleased with myself and also very gratefull for all your kind help everybody.
Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…