on incoming mail (ie.DABS.COM) i get a red "x"in
a box where there should be a picture or graphics
is there a setting to overcome this?

ICF 20:15 04 Apr 07

Open up outlook express and:-

Tools,option,security untick box block images etc

oldjohn 22:39 04 Apr 07

Hi ICF.
I don't appear to have that option in my "tools/options/security" ! (i'm using win xp sp1)

chocolate cake 23:10 04 Apr 07

XP SP2 is no longer supported by Microsoft - you will get no security patches and the like and this was effective sometime last year.

I recommend that you download SP2 click here

iscanut2 09:26 05 Apr 07

Are you sure that this tick box does not exist. It should, under the HTML message option. It was there before SP1 so you should have it. Choc Cake meant to say that SP1 no longer supported.

chocolate cake 22:04 05 Apr 07

Indeed I did thank you for correcting me. Old John. Are you still there? Please confirm that you will consider updating to SP2.

oldjohn 12:44 06 Apr 07

Hi.
I run sp1 (Pinnacle say sp1 is better than sp2) because i mostly edit video!

chocolate cake 13:06 06 Apr 07

If you're happy with SP1 then carry on. As long as you're aware that there will be no security patches and the longer you stay on SP1 and continue connecting to the internet then the more risky it is staying with SP1.

One last thing; how long ago did pinnacle tell you this? If it was recently then OK but I would try contacting them anyway to find out what the current position is and if the software will now work as well with SP2.

johndrew 14:18 06 Apr 07

I also use Pinnacle for my video editing and run XP pro SP2. Pinnacle have never given any advice on not updating Windows since I have had this product.

It could be that Windows was moving to SP1 at the time you installed Pinnacle in which case they may have added updates to ensure their (Pinnacles`) software worked correctly with SP1. I can see no reason for Pinnacle not to work with SP2 which, as said above, is primarily security related and will offer substantial improvements to your online security. It would be a shame to lose video work as a result of some malware when it could have been avoided.

Totally-braindead 15:12 06 Apr 07

If you look at the email with the red box where the picture should be and look just above it between the picture that hasn't loaded and where it says From XXXX To XXXX is there not a box that says "Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Click here to download pictures."
If so just click on the box.

oldjohn 17:10 06 Apr 07

It's not you that's brain dead it's ME!!!
Thanks.
P.S. Pinnacle still say do not use SP2 on dvd500!, I may give it a try soon. I'm getting too old for all this (70), thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…