No pictures

Ian in Northampton 17:59 PM 07 Dec 11

Over the last few days, for reasons I don't understand, pictures no longer appear in emails when they download from my Plusnet account to Outlook 2003. All that's there is the red x and a box where the image should be. I'd guess these are images that are hosted on the web rather than embedded in the email itself. Also, whenever I hover over a hyperlink, the 'point finger' is accompanied by a "don't go there" symbol (i.e. a circle with a diagonal line across it) - although clicking on links works fine.

My first thought was that my Outlook security settings had somehow got changed - specifically, the one that allows you to determine whether Outlook displays images or not - but it's just as it should be.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:15 PM 07 Dec 11

1. Locate the Outlook Temporary Items folder by opening the Registry and locating

2. Navigate to the value of this Key. It should be something like: %USERPROFILE%\LocalSettings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK3D\ where OLK3D is some randomly generated string that always starts with OLK

3. Quit Outlook

4. Delete the contents of the folder

5. Launch Outlook

Ian in Northampton 18:22 PM 07 Dec 11

Many thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ for the superfast reply. I've done that, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I just forwarded myself an email with embedded images from another email account, and I have the same symptoms... :-(

Woolwell 20:08 PM 07 Dec 11

This may help MS Office picture downloads or alternatively have a look through this Outlook 2003 not showing images and this appears to give several solutions.

Ian in Northampton 08:15 AM 08 Dec 11

Thanks Woolwell. I'll take a look and report back.

Ian in Northampton 09:51 AM 11 Dec 11

Frustratingly (or not, depending on your point of view...) this appears to have resolved itself, making me think that possibly there was an issue at the ISP end. Personally, I hate it when things fix themselves and I don't know how - but I guess I shouldn't complain...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…