No picture using RGB

thicasabrick 21:32 04 Jan 07

Hi all, I have my combo Dvd/Vcr player connected to my Lcd television via a scart lead, problem is, if I have the tele set on RGB, I get sound but no picture, but when I have tele on AV1 I get sound and picture. Can anyone tell me why I am getting sound but no picture on RGB.
thanks

Totally-braindead 21:35 04 Jan 07

I might be wrong saying this but I think a RGB connection only gives video output and you need to use other cables to give you audio.

thicasabrick 21:43 04 Jan 07

Thanks for the quick reply totally braindead, but I have another Dvd player in my bedroom that does give audio and video via a scart lead. Besides my problem is I get audio but no video, which is totally opposite to what you have suggested.
Anyone else got any ideas.

BRYNIT 21:55 04 Jan 07

Have you tried re seating the scart lead or trying another lead.

thicasabrick 22:01 04 Jan 07

Yes have tried another scart lead, and checked it was seated properly.

skidzy 22:18 04 Jan 07

The RGB will supply audio and video through a scart lead.

Do you have more than one av button on the remote,or maybe continually press the av button on the remote.

The idea of RGb is to give you the direct link from the device with no interference.Have you tried a standalone dvd player connected via rgb.

jakimo 23:35 04 Jan 07

Have you checked that the dvd\vcr combo player menu is setup for RGB output

woodchip 00:10 05 Jan 07

Sounds like Scart in wrong Socket. Or the Setup is not right on TV for the scart you are using

johnnyrocker 00:16 05 Jan 07

to me it sounds like a wrong scart lead and you should look to buy a 21 pin all connected lead which should solve your prob

johnny.

thicasabrick 00:33 05 Jan 07

Thanks for all these suggestions. Will go through them one by one, see if it fixes the problem. will let you all know how I get on.

thicasabrick 15:13 06 Jan 07

Hi all, just found this info on my Dvd/Vcr combo player Model No is Hitachi DV-PF4E(UK)

S-Video x 1, Analog Audio x 1, Digital Audio Coaxial x 1, RF x 1, Composite (via SCART), Audio (via SCART)

Does this mean it does not output RGB

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…