No Picture on Start on Xp next to name????

Wrighty 01:19 01 Mar 03

Hi

I recently instaled Window XP Home on my PC. My friend did the same, only he had Professional. I click on start and my name is on the top of the start menu but no picture. Automatic on Professional I understand..

I went to control panal and clicked on user accounts and there is listed my name with a picture but is is not on my start. I have tried changing a picture saying from Chess to footbal my favorite sport, (ok , women love the game too) but when I change it there is still no picture there.

I have tried changing my User account but I have to have a New user on the system which I honestly do not need. I cannot change the account unless I have a new user. I am listed as a computer administrater and it clearly shows picture in the user accounts, but I change it and when i restart the PC it is only shown my name.

Any help on this please

Regards
to everyone who is trying to help me.

Cheers

Wrighty

« Ravin » 05:27 01 Mar 03

go to control panel and click on user accounts. click on "change the way users log on or off" and tick " use the welcome screen" and reboot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…