No Picture From PC To Monitor

jimmyflood 14:54 13 Nov 13

I have installed a new graphics card into my Packard Bell Ixtreme x8540 PC tower. The original card failed (or so I thought) my son tells me there was an error message before he shut down the system and it has never displayed a picture since. I have tried a different monitor and both an HDMI replacement cable and a VGA cable. The new graphics card has not made any difference. What else in a PC provides a picture to the monitor? The system seems to be starting up ok, however I cannot see what's going on. Any help would be grateful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 13 Nov 13

Does the graphics card require a power connection? try another power lead form PSU?

Remove / refit card check all cable connections to card

bumpkin 15:45 13 Nov 13

Does the card require a power connector, if so have you connected it. Make sure it is properly seated and the card itself.

bumpkin 15:48 13 Nov 13

I've done it again FruitBat:-) really not intentional:-)

jimmyflood 16:39 13 Nov 13

Hello, I have tried my old graphics card and the new one. They don't require external power. I have noticed that the hard drive light is not very bright and is certainly not as it should be. I have tried the hard drive in another computer and it says there is not enough memory. Recovery Recovery. However I have tried replacing the hard drive with one I know works and also putting in the old graphics card with the replacement hard drive? I'm running out of ideas. Would the low level light mean a power failure in psu?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 13 Nov 13

Would the low level light mean a power failure in psu

Being as you seem to have covered all the graphics problems that was my thoughts also.

try another psu

woodchip 18:34 13 Nov 13

Time to try a New PSU, I think its blown. Hope its not taken Mobo or anything ells with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…