//some 3rd party need geo

no pic on monitor

pierc113 15:09 23 May 03

turned my pc on no pic or anything on the monitor, have tryed it on another monitor same outcome, any ideas ?

Sion 15:14 23 May 03

Are there any beeping noises when you turn on your system? If there are, it means your graphics card is not firmly attached into its socket. Thats all i can think of at the moment.

vinnyT 15:19 23 May 03

Is the little light (usually green or yellow) on the front of the monitor lit, if not, no power is getting through.

Sion is pro correct, the graphics card does sometimes manage to work its' way loose, just reseat it and see if that works.

pierc113 15:21 23 May 03

it as allways beeped once when I turn it on other then that no other beeps, there is no separate graphics card it is all onbourd

vinnyT 15:29 23 May 03

Do you get anything displayed at bootup ie. the system POST, before windows starts to load? If you do then the prob is with windows and you could try and go into safe mode, then reload graphics drivers.

I'm off now, but am sure someone else will be along to help.

Sion 15:30 23 May 03

One beep is normal, so thats ok. Seeing as you have tried another monitor it seems it is something to do witht he graphics. But seeing as you cannot get any picture on your monitor, it seems it may be pretty hard to fix. Do you have a spare graphics card lying around you can plug in to see if that works?

Steinman 15:34 23 May 03

Check your lead between pc & monitor - just in case!

pierc113 15:40 23 May 03

I don't have a graphics card i could try, I have tryed it on a differant monitor with a differant lead

Sion 15:47 23 May 03

Ok, lets start with a basic checklist

1. Is your monitor plugged into the main, or does it have a cable going into the back of the PC?

2. Does the powerlight come on your monitor when you switch it on?

pierc113 15:53 23 May 03

monitor is pluged into mains, cable go's into the pc(blue plug), power light is on on the monitor

Sion 16:00 23 May 03

Ok, then its defintely a problem with your graphics card. The only thing i can think of at the moment is resetting your bios options. Which involves adjusting jumpers on your motherboard. How PC confident are you?

This may be last resort though. Perhaps someone else knows something i do not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…