NO PC POWER??

zackeriney 15:15 01 Jun 04

hi,
i have built my own pc and last week i decided to buy a new motherboard,processor and add some more RAM.
it is was then i upgradeded it and it was still fine then i turned it off last night and this morning i turned it on and both fans spin but nothing else loads. the hard disk dosnt even go thought POST.i was running windows xp pro - 256mb ram.

zackeriney 15:19 01 Jun 04

I also use a surge protector - 4 sockets 1 telephone line protection brought from dixsons.

Totally-braindead 15:29 01 Jun 04

Have you checked the connections to your motherboard?

zackeriney 15:31 01 Jun 04

YEP THE ARE ALL CONNECTED.
I TRIED A DIFFERENT MOTHERBOARD AND IT STILL WON'T TURN ON PROPELY.

Totally-braindead 15:35 01 Jun 04

If the fans spin and the computer does nothing then I would think either there is a problem with your motherboard or the more likely the power supply lead to the motherboard is not seated properly or the third possiblity is something has happened to the power supply. There may still be power going to your hard drive etc but if the motherboard doesn't start up then the entire system wouldn't do anything. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the motherboard power lead, if that does nothing then use a multimeter to check that their is actaully power coming out of the power supply, if you don't have one but have access to another computer swap the supplies over and see what happens.

Totally-braindead 15:36 01 Jun 04

Sorry slow typist.

zackeriney 15:43 01 Jun 04

I would have thought if the fan spins then it would be getting power.
by the way i have a K7s5a motherboard

zackeriney 16:03 01 Jun 04

also i was wondering does anyone know where to get a manual download preferably pdf NOT ZIP ETC

Totally-braindead 16:28 01 Jun 04

I'm not sure if this is possible but the reason I thought swapping power supplies might be an option is to rule out 2 things 1 that the power connector on the power supply isn't faulty and 2 that the part of the power supply that provides power to the motherboard isn't faulty

Totally-braindead 16:31 01 Jun 04

I'm not sure if this is possible but the reason I thought swapping power supplies might be an option is to rule out 2 things 1 that the power connector on the power supply isn't faulty and 2 that the part of the power supply that provides power to the motherboard isn't faulty and heres the link to the manual click here but I do notice they are zip files

Totally-braindead 16:31 01 Jun 04

I'm not sure if this is possible but the reason I thought swapping power supplies might be an option is to rule out 2 things 1 that the power connector on the power supply isn't faulty and 2 that the part of the power supply that provides power to the motherboard isn't faulty and heres the link to the manual click here but I do notice they are zip files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…