No Password for windows 2000

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 19:21 25 Feb 06

Hello again all,
I am trying to boot up a PC but it is asking for user password to log onto windows 2000.
I do not know this, and bloke who I got PC off can not remember.
Is there a way into windows 2000, without using the log on password.

Your help as always is the best on the net

Cheers
Paul

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 25 Feb 06

Windows2k/XP
Try this:

1- boot to the windows xp/2000 CD ,

2- press enter to start setup ,

3- press F8 for the license agreement ,

4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so ,

5- let it run through and for windows XP wait until it reboots and is installing, devices then

press shift F10 to open a command prompt. For windows 2000 wait until it is registering

components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. ,

6- In windows XP either type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation marks at the command prompt and press enter. For windows 2000 type in "control.exe" w/o quotation marks and press enter. This should open up the user accounts applet in XP and the regular control panel in 2000. ,

7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. ,

8- let the inplace upgrade finish.

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

Diodorus Siculus 19:25 25 Feb 06

click here
Forgot the Administrator's Password?

No discs have come with PC.

It is a pentium 2, cheaplittle thing. Don't want ton have to spend £60 on a reboot from a shop, when it may be cheaper to just buy another......

To Fix.....Or To Buy?????

Cheers

Paul

Methedrine 11:21 27 Feb 06

Try these guys. I've used them before. click here

Diodorus Siculus 18:46 27 Feb 06

Do you have a spare OS CD and a floppy drive? IF so, format and install a new OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…