No Paper in printer

NotsoNewuser 18:57 30 Aug 04

I have two epsons linked to two PCs through switches.
With one PC I am getting "out of paper" on both printers. With the other I have no problem, so it won't be the printers.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers and also re-installed win98SE. After that excercise yesterday things worked, but today they have gone back to "out of paper".
I have checked for virus and spyware and am clean.
Anyone any suggestions please?

watchful 19:34 30 Aug 04

This may not be of help but my Epsom printer sometimes shows this when the paper is down to a few sheets or when it just needs re-stacking or shuffling about.

jack 19:41 30 Aug 04

This could be a dodgy line in the data cable on or the other so that it is not reporting correctly - try swapping cable or a spare one and swap around

jack 19:41 30 Aug 04

This could be a dodgy line in the data cable on or the other so that it is not reporting correctly - try swapping cable or a spare one and swap around

greybeard 21:59 30 Aug 04

I had the same problem when I tried a simillar set up, but two printers and a scanner to one pc via a switch box.
The problem seemed to be using the switch box, as each piece of hardware was fine on its own.

However, this didn't rule out a compatabilty problem as one of the printers, epson 5500 laser, needed its own "windows printing system" software to run. With this installed, the pc started to produce other problems if I installed other printers, and their drivers, even with the laser "disabled" via the control panel settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch