No Paper in printer

NotsoNewuser 18:57 30 Aug 04

I have two epsons linked to two PCs through switches.
With one PC I am getting "out of paper" on both printers. With the other I have no problem, so it won't be the printers.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers and also re-installed win98SE. After that excercise yesterday things worked, but today they have gone back to "out of paper".
I have checked for virus and spyware and am clean.
Anyone any suggestions please?

watchful 19:34 30 Aug 04

This may not be of help but my Epsom printer sometimes shows this when the paper is down to a few sheets or when it just needs re-stacking or shuffling about.

jack 19:41 30 Aug 04

This could be a dodgy line in the data cable on or the other so that it is not reporting correctly - try swapping cable or a spare one and swap around

jack 19:41 30 Aug 04

This could be a dodgy line in the data cable on or the other so that it is not reporting correctly - try swapping cable or a spare one and swap around

greybeard 21:59 30 Aug 04

I had the same problem when I tried a simillar set up, but two printers and a scanner to one pc via a switch box.
The problem seemed to be using the switch box, as each piece of hardware was fine on its own.

However, this didn't rule out a compatabilty problem as one of the printers, epson 5500 laser, needed its own "windows printing system" software to run. With this installed, the pc started to produce other problems if I installed other printers, and their drivers, even with the laser "disabled" via the control panel settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…