no packard bell backup discs

kev240 02:09 02 Sep 07

Backed up my computer on 3 cds five years ago which seem to have disappeared. Come to restore my pc but it says ive got no backup partition. I gather that all the information needed was on the discs. Still got the floppy recovery diskette but that asks for the cds. How can I restore my computer to factory settings without the discs.Any information would be appreciated thanks.

Diemmess 09:23 02 Sep 07

My feeling is that you are stuck.
The backing up procedure sounds like the sort of thing a friend had to do with his new Packard Bell about that time ago (and didn't)!

Nowadays many new computers keep all this information on a "hidden partition" but at that time it would seem that CDs were called for.

The floppy boots often into a special DOS which can then overwite the existing system with the information stored (in your case) on CDs.

As I said, unless you can find the special CDs you have nothing to restore.

What OS is installed at present? If it is XP there might be a faint chance.

Just to check a possible hidden partition, in My Computer, highlight C: drive, right click on properties and see that Used Space + Free space more or less equal Capacity.

Al94 09:52 02 Sep 07

Have a look here click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:04 02 Sep 07

If you have the original windows serial number you can use anyones XP disk and then change the serial number to yours. You can download drivers from the PB website although the default drivers work fine (I did this yeaterday on a PB computer using my Medion XP disk and changed the serial number using this site click here System then activated and updated itself using windows update.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…