No output to monitor

Hi all, I have swapped the graphics cards from 1 pc to another and both are working in the second pc but No output from the board below.

It is an Abit KV7-V Board with 1gb ram.

Any suggestions are more than welcome

[email protected]

howard63 20:06 07 Apr 06

do you get any beeps?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 07 Apr 06

HAve you check the BIOS settings for the board?

Is the AGP slot enabled?

Howard63

No Beeps whatsoever

Fruit Bat/\0/
Can't get output to look at bios so I don't know for certain, but it was working last time I used the pc a week ago.

howard63 20:19 07 Apr 06

I have a similar problem pc working fine for 2 days from new then nothing. I have now got it down to either the mobo not powering up the cpu or the cpu has died. My mobo msi has a built in fan on it and the cpu cooler fan is fed from the mobo - both run and lights come on etc but no beeps. After 2 minutes running like this I removed the cooler and the cpu is stone cold. I believe this indicates the mobo is not powering it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:20 07 Apr 06

Make sure board is fully inserted in slot.

If still no good

Clear BIOS by either using jumper on mboard or by removing batter for 10 minutes and refit and retry.

howard63

I had a spare CPU and have tried swapping that as well, to no avail.

The system powers up and remains running until I turn it off.

I personally think the motherboard had died but was hoping for some advice before spending hard earned on a new one.

Thanks Fruit Bat/\0/
will give your suggestion a go.

howard63 20:26 07 Apr 06

yes it looks like the mobo has died. As yet I do not have a spare AMD64 chip to try in it. I am thinking of ordering another mobo and then returning the faulty one for a refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant