No onboard sound

Doodles 16:01 15 Dec 06

Hello, All of a sudden I am unable to get sound from my PC. It is onboard C-Media AC97 Audio device. When i locate device on PC and reinstall the sound works fine, but a few minutes later when i want to play another song it says no sound device can be found. When i go to sound and audio devices it states that on sound is installed, however i am able to located the driver for AC97 audio and am told device is working.So once again i reinstall and works for a few minutes!
Confused.
Please help.

birdface 19:44 15 Dec 06

Try going into system manager,And roll it back driver to previous driver,

Doodles 20:42 15 Dec 06

I have uninstalled driver, reinstalled and updated. When i check audio devices everything is ok. However after a few minutes indication is that there is no sound device on board so i go through the process of reinstalling device etc.
I am finding this quite confusing.
Anymore help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry Brown 21:08 15 Dec 06

Do you have the original motherboard CD /DVD; if so try re-loading the drivers from there.
Terry

birdface 21:38 15 Dec 06

Have you downloaded any audio up-dates from microsoft lately,Some folk have been getting the wrong one,s And are causing a conflict between the audio and the graphics,But if you dont have any yellow marks beside yours, It wont be that,

Doodles 10:11 16 Dec 06

This has only been happening since the last automatic microsoft update.

keithlik 11:08 16 Dec 06

If you are using Windows XP- try System restore to a date prior to the problem.
---or---
You could try (if you are connected to the Internet) getting your device page to automatically look for a better driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…