No OCR with an All in One!

Sapins 17:05 10 Aug 05

I have bought an Epson RX620 All in one and found that there is no OCR software with it, Epson have confirmed they do not supply OCR, why not I ask? it has a scanner in it!

Anyway, I have a copy of ABBYY Finereader 5.0 Sprint on the computer and a friend who has also bought this machine would like the same OCR software. I have looked at the ABBYY site but they want £60+ for the Pro version. Can I download ABBYY's Sprint version or does anyone know where I can get a free OCR programme.

ventanas 17:15 10 Aug 05

There is a copy of ReadIris on one of the current magazines, but I can't remember which one. I saw it on the shelf in Smiths today.

However this cannot be as good as ABBYY. Version 7 is worth every penny. But does require activation.

Sapins 17:21 10 Aug 05

Thanks for your reply, I'll ask my Brother-in-Law to have a look for it. I live in France.

scotty 17:36 10 Aug 05

I am sure ABBYY fine reader 5 pro was on a cover disc a couple of months back. Maybe you can back order a copy. Will check which magazine later.

Klof Ron 17:37 10 Aug 05
  GaT7 17:47 10 Aug 05

SimpleOCR's (Klof Ron's link) homepage if required click here. G

scotty 17:52 10 Aug 05

January 2004 in PCW

click here

sunny staines 17:53 10 Aug 05

readiris versions 5 & 7 appear free in magazines on a regular basis

Sapins 18:04 10 Aug 05

Thanks for the help guy's, scotty, I have e-mailed PCW to see if i can get the magazine for January 2004.

scotty 20:13 10 Aug 05

Sapins,

I was sure it was more recently that I had seen it. Checked when I got home - it was PCPro August 2004.

Sapins 22:37 10 Aug 05

Another e-mail then:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…