No no Norton (anti virus updates)

portofcall 20:21 24 Oct 05

My time with Norton Anti Virus is coming to an end (soon). In the interim, I still expect live updates. Problem. I now get a message from Norton stating "cannot install liveupdates" "Please check your settings". I haven't changed settings but it seems I am not getting live updates from Norton. Does this mean I now need to manually install updates? Scary stuff out there.

bluesbrother 21:15 24 Oct 05

I read somewhere recently about someone only getting 11 months of updates instead of the 12 they paid for. Don't know why. But I do know I would not use Norton. Try AVG Free click here

wee eddie 23:07 24 Oct 05

I have had problems with Norton's automatic updates since something happened during a Spybot update.

I have since uninstalled Spybot and replaced it with M$'s New Antispyware. All seems to be running smoothly at the present.

A statement like that is asking for trouble. Isn't it!

portofcall 00:45 25 Oct 05

I will give spybot a shot and see what happens. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…