no Netbook bios

maxmw 17:01 28 Mar 10

I have a CnMbook with windows CE on, the software on the netboot is pretty rubbish so I want to install linux on it. the only problem is that I cant find out how to acsess the bios or boot from an sd card, also I dont think the netbook supports USB sticks but it does support sd cards.

Does anyone know a way of booting from the sd card?

heres the link to the website, the model is "CnMbook Silver 7" under CNMbook: click here

mgmcc 17:08 28 Mar 10

I suspect that, with a Windows CE device, the operating system may be hard coded into a chip and cannot be altered. It is the operating system used in PDAs, SatNavs etc. In any case, the device is unlikely to be able to run a version of Linux that is intended to run in a conventional "IBM-compatible" PC.

maxmw 17:17 28 Mar 10

so there is no way of useing linux on it, even if you used the sd as a storage for the OS

maxmw 17:26 28 Mar 10

I found this on the linux website its for installing linux on PDAs so could it work for a netbook

maxmw 17:26 28 Mar 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…