No Net Connection - Packets Sent, Not Received

Garth138 16:47 13 Nov 06

Hey,I'm having trouble connecting to the network with my laptop. I've checked and packets are being sent, very slowly, but still being sent. No packets are being receievd however. What do you suggest?

Ashrich 17:09 13 Nov 06

I assume you are connecting wirelessly as it's a laptop , is this to a wireless router ? If so what make , are you using the software supplied with the laptops network adapter or Windows Wireless Zero ( built into XP )

Ashley

Garth138 17:13 13 Nov 06

I'm not connecting wirelessly at present. I've not had problems connecting wirelessly at home before. But at present I am attempting to connect via ethernet in my house at university.

Ashrich 18:25 13 Nov 06

Are you getting an IP address from the network , has your network card in the laptop been set to receive and IP address and DNS automatically or does your Uni connection need fixed IP ? Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall to eliminate that stopping things .

Ashley

Chrisann 15:13 15 Nov 06

I have just been having the same trouble...packets being sent but not being received..I had Zone Alarm on..so disabled it while I got connected..it worked straight away...so it might be your Firewall etc. Well it worked for me ...a bit risky but at least it got me sorted.

Hope it helps.

Chrisann.

Garth138 19:49 17 Nov 06

Ok, I've tried turning off the firewall but that didn't help.

The network I'm trying to connect to is just the internet provided by NTL in my house. I might have worded stuff badly, so I apologise I have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…