No MSN/Windows sites working

monkeymick 17:00 12 Jun 07

Hi

I've installed and run a registry cleaner, which found a number of errors. Once I'd used it to clean these errors I find I cant view most MSN/Microsoft/Hotmail sites....

I use AOL, and MSN Explorer...My MSN Messenger works, but when I try and view hotmail, I get a blank screen...The same thing happens with windows update, and if i try to open hotmail through AOL....

If I open eBay through AOL, I log in, then get a message telling me browser settings do not allow automatic redirection of web pages...

I've looked at my internet settings, but cant find any reference to this anywhere..

Help....

p.s. I cant run system restore, as again, it shows a blank screen. I ran a restore from the registry cleaning program, then uninstalled it, but theres no difference at all...

birdface 17:29 12 Jun 07

Try System Restore in safe mode,Or last good configuration in safe mode.

monkeymick 18:01 12 Jun 07

Tried that....

System restore in both safe and normal mode just shows a blank screen....

Also tried last good configuration, but no good...its still exactly the same.....

postie24 18:29 12 Jun 07

Have you looked in event viewer to see what the exact problem is?

monkeymick 18:44 12 Jun 07

Im that much of a beginner, I dont even know what the event viewer is.....

Doh....

postie24 18:50 12 Jun 07

Go to control panel,click on admin tools/event viewer, click on application and check for yellow exclamation marks,this will identify the errors in your system.

monkeymick 19:05 12 Jun 07

ok..this shows yellow exclamation marks for 'userenv'.....

Still dont know what it all means tho..is the system goosed? Or will I be able to view my hotmail again without a full system restore....

postie24 19:10 12 Jun 07

Use this microsoft clean up tool to clear up the userenv issue
click here

postie24 19:14 12 Jun 07

Try this registry cleaner it has a free 30 day trial,have a look in the options it has an IE repair
click here

monkeymick 19:20 12 Jun 07

Heres hoping...tried the microsoft clean up, but couldnt get past validation without a script error.....

I've run the registry cleaner repair option....

Fingers crossed...

monkeymick 19:32 12 Jun 07

Nope....Ran the IE repair, and its still the same....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…