No MSN/Windows sites working

monkeymick 17:00 12 Jun 07

Hi

I've installed and run a registry cleaner, which found a number of errors. Once I'd used it to clean these errors I find I cant view most MSN/Microsoft/Hotmail sites....

I use AOL, and MSN Explorer...My MSN Messenger works, but when I try and view hotmail, I get a blank screen...The same thing happens with windows update, and if i try to open hotmail through AOL....

If I open eBay through AOL, I log in, then get a message telling me browser settings do not allow automatic redirection of web pages...

I've looked at my internet settings, but cant find any reference to this anywhere..

Help....

p.s. I cant run system restore, as again, it shows a blank screen. I ran a restore from the registry cleaning program, then uninstalled it, but theres no difference at all...

birdface 17:29 12 Jun 07

Try System Restore in safe mode,Or last good configuration in safe mode.

monkeymick 18:01 12 Jun 07

Tried that....

System restore in both safe and normal mode just shows a blank screen....

Also tried last good configuration, but no good...its still exactly the same.....

postie24 18:29 12 Jun 07

Have you looked in event viewer to see what the exact problem is?

monkeymick 18:44 12 Jun 07

Im that much of a beginner, I dont even know what the event viewer is.....

Doh....

postie24 18:50 12 Jun 07

Go to control panel,click on admin tools/event viewer, click on application and check for yellow exclamation marks,this will identify the errors in your system.

monkeymick 19:05 12 Jun 07

ok..this shows yellow exclamation marks for 'userenv'.....

Still dont know what it all means tho..is the system goosed? Or will I be able to view my hotmail again without a full system restore....

postie24 19:10 12 Jun 07

Use this microsoft clean up tool to clear up the userenv issue
click here

postie24 19:14 12 Jun 07

Try this registry cleaner it has a free 30 day trial,have a look in the options it has an IE repair
click here

monkeymick 19:20 12 Jun 07

Heres hoping...tried the microsoft clean up, but couldnt get past validation without a script error.....

I've run the registry cleaner repair option....

Fingers crossed...

monkeymick 19:32 12 Jun 07

Nope....Ran the IE repair, and its still the same....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…