No mouse

lester1 00:21 03 Jun 03

Just got my old PC back from the daughter.

What a mess Iv'e managed to sort out most of it but somehow she has managed to delete the drivers etc for the mouse.Device manager does not show a mouse installed! What do I do. win 98 and a very old PC.

ton 01:44 03 Jun 03

With the mouse plugged in click the 'add new hardware button' in Control Panel. Although you won't click it will you? Windows should then search and find the mouse.

Agent Smith 09:04 03 Jun 03

Might be a good idea to reinstall win98 over the top of the old win98 in case your little darling has deleted anything else. I know mine did.

lester1 21:52 03 Jun 03

ton

Thanks for that, drivers now installed and mouse showing on device manager,as working correctly.

Unfortunatly still no dice with mouse still U/S

canard 21:54 03 Jun 03

Has the mouse expired?

wiznyme 21:57 03 Jun 03

Boot into safe mode (hold down control key while booting & choose option 3)if mouse works there go into device manager and uninstall mouse driver as well as any unknown/ other installed devices, then reboot.

If mouse doesn't work in safe mode try another mouse.

canard 18:12 06 Jun 03

Try the mouse in another pc or try a different mouse in the offending pc. Sorry that's all I can think of- good luck.

lester1 23:16 06 Jun 03

got two mice neither works

Thought I would try gent smithe suggestion but gues what windows will not load!

I can only boot into safe mode, done scan disk,done sfc, no luck!

Looks like a clean install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…