No More Spam (or hardly any)

Newuser4210 09:57 20 Oct 04

May I suggest those who inundated with spam try SECRETMAKER a free program for getting rid of spam, pop ups, banners and sundry other things.
It works for me, although I know nothing about computers. click here

D G 12:19 20 Oct 04

ta muchly, It looks as if it could be a good prog. DG

Stuartli 14:21 20 Oct 04

Its Phantomizer might well be even more useful:

click here

Newuser4210 13:08 25 Oct 04

For anyone who has not been able to get through to the link above, you might like to try click here

end 14:11 25 Oct 04

and what about eliminating ads IN pages? does it do that too?

palinka 21:34 25 Oct 04

I read this thread yesterday; downloaded and installed Secretmaker (OS is ME)but have had to uninstall as I had nothing but problems: it stopped Zone alarm working; made my b'band connection unstable; and gave me a blue screen of death on 3 occasions.
Pity, 'cos it sounded useful. Just didn't work for me.

Cook2 21:54 25 Oct 04

click here which does the job. Occasionally check the Junk and Quarantine folders to make sure it hasn't blocked something you want. If it has then one click on allow and another on Move to... Inbox.

I tried secretmaker and really quite liked it.

I have now moved onto Firefox, (browser) and Thunderbird, (e-mail client) and it looks as if they have a lot of the functions of secretmaker built in!

Time will tell :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…