No monitor in device manager

VestanPance 06:35 25 Feb 03

I am running Win XP with an Iiyama VMPro410 monitor. In display properties it says I am using default monitor on my Nvidia GeForce 2Ti. In advanced I can see default monitor, but the properties button is greyed out, so I can't click onit. Also, there is no monitor option in device manager. I can find no answer on Microsoft knowledgebase, nor in their forums. I need to have this sorted, as the screen isn't as sharp with these settings. I have emailed Iiyama, but with no response. I have the latest drivers, but it's just a .inf file, so it doesn't self-install. PLEASE help.

siouxah1 11:59 25 Feb 03

I seem to remember having similar problem but can't remember how I solved it. This was in W2K.
Not sure if XP is the same, but does the default monitor show up in add/remove hardware?(Under control panel). If so you might be able to install the Ilyama from there.

Regards Brian j

woodchip 12:03 25 Feb 03

Right click on the .inf file in explorer and choose install. see if that has any effect

woodchip 12:04 25 Feb 03

PS you will have to reboot after the above

woodchip 12:08 25 Feb 03

You can also go to display properties and change monitor from there point to the .inf files under have disc

VestanPance 19:04 25 Feb 03

Thx for your suggestions, but none work.

nik69 19:18 25 Feb 03

I don't know if this will work,,,,,go into safe mode, delete anything in monitors, and then restart. I did this when my device manager wouldn't recognise my usb ports and it worked for that.

nik69 19:19 25 Feb 03

sorry I forgot to say, restart, go to safe mode, then delete anything in monitors, in device manager

misery 19:23 25 Feb 03

the idea that XP for some reason will only load the .inf file and will not load the .exe file, which is obviously what you require. Someone in the forum wil probably recall how to get the .exe file from the downloaded driver as I can't recall- sorry.

VestanPance 06:18 26 Feb 03

Nik69 - my problem is: there is no monitor tab in device manager!
Misery - you don't need an .exe file to load a monitor, just the .inf file. But as there is monitor tab in device manager, or display properties, or ANYWHERE, I can't use the .inf file I have.

woodchip 12:39 26 Feb 03

will it let you change monitor, if it will click change then select have disc and present it with the inf file. that's what worked on mine it gave a selection of monitors that was on the .inf file with their settings. if you open the .inf file in Notepad you should see your monitor in it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…