No monitor

wonderwill 10:23 20 Sep 05

I have a Dell PC with a VGA momitor (2cnd hand). I was trying to adjust the resolution from 648 which it seemed to be locked into and I disabled the VGA. Now I cannot see anything past boot up on the monitor. I have another pc if I have to copy files over????? Please help.

Taff36 10:39 20 Sep 05

Can you swap monitors?

Mr Mistoffelees 10:45 20 Sep 05

You appear to have set your screen resolution to one that is too high for your monitor to display.You will need to connect another monitor which can support higher resolutions than yours and then set the resolution back to 640x480 before reconnecting your monitor.

wee eddie 10:57 20 Sep 05

Press F8 frequently as you Start the PC.

This should open a DOS Screen > Use the Up/Down Buttons to Navigate to Safe Mode > Control Panel > etc.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:46 20 Sep 05

Now why didn't I think of that?

gudgulf 15:04 20 Sep 05

See also today's other thread by wonderwill click here

Mr Mistoffelees 17:00 20 Sep 05

What I have done is disable the VGA under Control panel Monitor Advanced settings. Monitor displays until boot and then the VGA is disabled. I cannot display anything. Is there a boot up mode where I can return to the original display settings?

See the answer in your other thread.

Please always post in the forum, don't use email to ask further questions.

Taff36 22:13 20 Sep 05

Ditto

woodchip 22:52 20 Sep 05

If you disabled the VGA, I do not know how you can get back in unless you do a system restore from a Prompt

This may be of help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…