No Modem Detected

Binoboy 18:18 04 Aug 03

Hi, I reformatted my hard drive last night and on attempting to reinstall the modem none was detected on and of the computers COM ports. OS - Windows ME. I've also been in hardware manager and there is an ! beside a communications device but on trying to update the driver I've not had any luck.

Any ideas?

Rayuk 18:20 04 Aug 03

Have you pointed the instal to specific driver you have,or will it just not detect it.

Binoboy 18:27 04 Aug 03

I've tried both

Rayuk 19:40 04 Aug 03

Have you got an installation disk for your modem,if so try using that.

u2 19:57 04 Aug 03

I had that problem had to open the case and take out the modem and put it back in .Only then did the system find it and install the drivers.

bambam005 20:54 04 Aug 03

check under other devices in the device manager , it may have your modem listed there instead . What make is it ?

The ! should be clickable , if you get another message when you click on it ( usually code 28 or 10 ) then check that the COM port is fully functioning - although I'd imagine you've already checked that .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…