no longer able to open OE from "mail" in IE6

Harosie 20:58 19 Nov 05

I'm using windows 2000 pro on my laptop. Today I find that I am unable to access OE from the mail tab on IE6 web browser. Although I can open OE from the shortcut on my desktop. I have OE set as my default email handler in OE. But Internet Options - Programs - Email is blank with no option for me to choose Outlook Express as the email programme I want to use with Internet Explorer. Any help would be much appreciated.

VoG II 22:01 19 Nov 05
  palinka 16:57 20 Nov 05

Am I missing something here - it seems to me odd to be wanting to open IE and then open OE from within it. Why not just go straight to OE? (Put a shortcut on the desktop if you haven't done so already).

palinka 16:59 20 Nov 05

sorry, just noticed you HAVE that shortcut already. So why the need to go all round the moon?

watchful 18:31 20 Nov 05

Perhaps he/she wants to access OE whilst looking at a web-page like this and that is the first one to hand at the top of the page in the browser.

Personally I usually open OE to start with from my desktop and then minimize it down to the taskbar where it is easy to call up again when mail comes in.

mr gee 22:43 23 Nov 05

try clearing out all the I E temp files and make sure the box "I E should check to see if its the default browser " button as a tick in it

>steve< 22:12 15 Dec 05

i put oe in the task bar/quick launch it is a lot simpler as you can access from anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…