No lights on in Speedtouch 330 Alcatel modem

Pappyon 18:11 01 Apr 03

This saga has been going on for a month now as I imagine a few people will remember. I have not had a full day with this modem connecting, without having trouble with it. It's got to the stage the modem will not even install. Nothing whatsoever shows up in Device Manager, and even the USB light won't come on now. It is exactly the same in another PC I tried it in.

Pipex have had the modem back for checking and say it is working. They stuck it in one of their PCs. That's how thoroughly they checked it! It's now gone back for a second check. It costs me £1.09 each time I send it back to them

At first they said I needed a USB powered hub. Surely the modem would install and the USB light would come on regardless whether the modem is plugged in via a USB powered hub or not.

Can anybody tell me please why it won't even install now. I won't be surprised if Pipex send it back again, and tell me there's nothing wrong with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…