No Keyboard detected

Simac 20:35 14 Apr 03

Can anyone help me on this one?? I have a PC which
on boot-up does not detect the keyboard even though it is plugged in..
The error message is "Keyboard error or no keyboard detected"
I haven't set this PC up in a while but did know for sure it was working OK when I last used it!!!

It is working on Windows 95 and is an AT model
not an ATX...

Thanks

Ironman556 20:37 14 Apr 03

Is it USB? If it is try a ps/2, if that works then you probably need to install the USB drivers for the keyboard again.

akzah 20:37 14 Apr 03

Check if the Keyboards lights come on, such as Caplse Lock and Scroll lock.

If they are on, then you go into your BIOS and tell it not to stop if the Keyboard is not attached.

Megatyte 20:52 14 Apr 03

No help to you. Just wandered. Does it still say 'Press F1 To Continue' ?

cracker23 20:58 14 Apr 03

This happened to me a while back.See click here PC was under guarantee and Dell changed the motherboard.Dont know if this will be of any help!

Rtus 21:10 14 Apr 03

As its an Old At keyboard just check to see if theres a switch on the underside ,and if so set it to the correct one for your unit.If thats not the case .Dabs still do At keyboards at a very expensive £2.56 + vat and PP.. Do get them to make sure By opening the box ...

Rtus 21:13 14 Apr 03

Oh and sometimes Just merely unplugging and re- plugging the keyboard Whilst off Sometimes clears this problem..Grott on connectors.

frankieman 22:01 14 Apr 03

Still not working???

Tried replugging Keyboard and rebooting still will not recognise!!

It is an AT motherboard with a PS/2 keyboard connection, keyboard works fine on other systems
though the mouse connection is the old 5-pin connection

spuds 22:39 14 Apr 03

I occassionally have this problem. I find that the cable connector is the culprit. Remove and re-insert the connector always solves my problem.

March Hare 00:14 15 Apr 03

I had this problem last week. Tried removing and replacing the plug several times, made no difference.

Sprayed the pins with Servisol, this fixed it, but only for a few days.

Last time it happened, I used a watchmaker's eyeglass and sharp instrument and eased all the pins in the plug ever-so-slightly outwards. This seems to have fixed it.

This is a high-risk cure though, so be careful, and as a last resort be prepared to buy a bargain keyboard as mentioned above!

DieSse 00:45 15 Apr 03

If it's definately not the keyboard, then it can only be the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…