No Jpeg thumnails on W2000

James-204833 23:34 15 Mar 04

My pictures in My Documents in Windows 2000 will no longer display thumnail pictures of Jpeg files.
Tif files show thumnail pictures. I will be grateful for any advice.

wawadave 00:30 16 Mar 04

hello
there is a thumb nail fix at click here

temp003 04:02 16 Mar 04

The registry key enabling .jpg files to be displayed in thumbnail view has been removed.

The site at wawadave's link is down at the moment. When it's up again, see if the fix works.

If not, you can click here and follow the instructions to re-create the key under HKEY Classes Root\.jpg manually.

Or, if you don't want to type out all the letters and numbers, you can send me an email by clicking the envelope next to my name temp003 above, I will then have your email address, and I can send you a .reg file attachment which you can save to disk, then right click and select Merge, to restore the thumbnail view for .jpg. [The .reg file that I can send you will just be exported from my own windows 2000 registry, not written by me, so no problem there.]

If there are other image file extensions which don't work in thumbnail view either, you need to tell me (e.g. .jpeg, .gif etc).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…