NO it's not the site.

Cook2 00:38 06 Sep 04

I know the site has had a few problems but I'm sure it's something my end. Every time I post a thread it shows twice, thrice or even more times. I've checked other postings and I appear to be the only one causing problems. Has anyone any pointers as to what I should look for on my system to stop in happening?

hugh-265156 01:12 06 Sep 04

no your not the only one, we all do it from time to time. this is a very busy site and every now and again i have had the jrun server error after posting and i posted the same thing again only to find later that i posted twice or more and it had registered lol!

just refresh the page after an error and you more than likley find the posting went through anyway.

Cook2 01:32 06 Sep 04

I'm not pressing 'Post Response' twice huggyg71, I click just the once and there is quite a delay with red egg timer bottom left of the screen, then I get server error. I click 'back' then on Helproom. When I check the thread I find it's posted anything up to four times. I could accept it was the site if others were having the same problem, at the same time as me, but I get it all the time now. I'm sure I've got a setting wrong somewhere. There has been the odd hiccup where the site is having a problem but not at this particular time when all is quiet. It's so puzzling, I just wish I could find what's wrong.

Cook2 01:32 06 Sep 04

I'm not pressing 'Post Response' twice huggyg71, I click just the once and there is quite a delay with red egg timer bottom left of the screen, then I get server error. I click 'back' then on Helproom. When I check the thread I find it's posted anything up to four times. I could accept it was the site if others were having the same problem, at the same time as me, but I get it all the time now. I'm sure I've got a setting wrong somewhere. There has been the odd hiccup where the site is having a problem but not at this particular time when all is quiet. It's so puzzling, I just wish I could find what's wrong.

Cook2 01:34 06 Sep 04

There you are, it's happened again. Red egg timer, bottom left with 'connecting to PC Advisor' then after several seconds I get 'This page cannot be displayed'.

Cook2 01:34 06 Sep 04

There you are, it's happened again. Red egg timer, bottom left with 'connecting to PC Advisor' then after several seconds I get 'This page cannot be displayed'.

Djohn 01:44 06 Sep 04

It is the site thats causing this though indirectly your helping it by clicking on the back button.

Make a test post now to this thread, wait for it to go through and it should automatically bring you back to the thread. Don't click on the back button or refresh button until you see your posting in the forum then it's safe to carry on as normal. j.

Cook2 01:54 06 Sep 04

Thanks Djohn, here we go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos