NO it's not the site.

Cook2 00:38 06 Sep 04

I know the site has had a few problems but I'm sure it's something my end. Every time I post a thread it shows twice, thrice or even more times. I've checked other postings and I appear to be the only one causing problems. Has anyone any pointers as to what I should look for on my system to stop in happening?

johnnyrocker 08:24 06 Sep 04

how many times do you press enter?

johnny.

Diodorus Siculus 08:31 06 Sep 04

Just press "post response" once - that is all that it needs, even if it seems that there is no reaction.

I am in the habit of tying in the box, pressing the tab key to move to the post response key, and then hitting enter. Sometimes I am not sure if I pressed it correctly and end up doing it again with the result that I have two posts instead of one...

Stuartli 08:55 06 Sep 04

The multi-posting of threads and messages has been raising its head several times in recent months - it's not just you.

961 09:55 06 Sep 04

The response of the site to posts has been slow in recent weeks. It can take a good 60 seconds for your "post response" click to be acted upon. If, during this time you think nothing's happening and click again then...there you have it. 2 posts.

Unfortunately we all expect instant response these days, and I suppose broadband has increased that expectation.

I'll now try my very best not to produce 2 posts of this....

Cook2 10:29 06 Sep 04

Unfortunately there are two threads of mine on this. I do press just the once but two threads appeared. I'm sure it's something to do with me this end and by continually getting double or even quadruple posts, it's not helping the site. Plus, I know it can be irritating to other members when it happens.

Cook2 10:29 06 Sep 04

Unfortunately there are two threads of mine on this. I do press just the once but two threads appeared. I'm sure it's something to do with me this end and by continually getting double or even quadruple posts, it's not helping the site. Plus, I know it can be irritating to other members when it happens.

Cook2 10:31 06 Sep 04

Here's the duplicate thread. click here

Djohn 11:14 06 Sep 04

As I replied in the other thread, I really don't think it's your fault. I can see that it's happening in this thread as well and only with your post but that appears to be part of the problem.

The person who makes the initial thread can suffer from the repeats while others can post to the thread OK. FE is aware of this problem and looking into it.

Some members have started one thread only but it has come up 6-8 times with each one having the same post repeated in them as many times again. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…