no internet on Netgear DG834v2

Green Army 20:26 25 Jul 07

i have set up my wireless router DG834v2 with all the relevent settings but when i try to connect to the internet NOTHING just a blank page.
i have all the lights on but not the internet light.

I have phoned my ISP and they say that there is connection from their end but i am not receving anything at my end, they say that my router is locked and needs to be unlocked. so i pushed the reset button and put in my details angain but still no internet

brundle 22:57 25 Jul 07

Is the router brand-new? Sky supply these routers with their wireless package and it may be locked in that instance.

Toffly 23:58 25 Jul 07

What's your ADSL light do? If it's solid, then your synced with the exchange, and it could be your config is wrong, or, as brundle mentioned, the router may be locked to a certain ISP. Try and borrow a friend or neighbours router/modem that works on their line, if it works on yours too, then the router is locked, or possibly faulty.

If it's flashing, then your not even syncing correctly with the exchange, so you may have a line fault, or the router is faulty. Try and borrow a friend or neighbours router/modem that works on their line. If it doesn't work on your line, then you have a line fault, and your ISP will need to raise a fault with BT.

irishrapter 18:14 26 Jul 07

see if you can copy and paste the results to the forum.

Green Army 07:50 27 Jul 07

sorry guys only just got connection back it seems that the router was faulty went back to the PCWorld and got a new one and all is fine now. thanks for your time.
and i was not at work so found it hard to answer you all

ambra4 12:19 03 Aug 07

Tick the solved box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…