No Internet Connection. Just notes.

Ancient Learner 17:24 26 Jul 05

This is just in case it might help someone else.

Yesterday afternoon all was well with the connection. This afternoon, when I switch on the PC, there was no connection to any site.

I checked Tiscali's Status Line 08456632200 and that said that there were no problems anywhere.

So I phoned their Technical Help line on 08707442922, and spoke to a well spoken lady who, nonetheless, I think, was from the subcontinent. She very kindly and patiently listened to my tail of woe, got some information about my system from me, and had me switch off (not restart) the PC. Then she had me switch off the router at the mains. Now switch the router on again, and start up the PC, and try to connect.

Glory be! It worked.

I have no idea why. She did explain, but the accent defeated me and it didn't seem polite to pursue it.

This reminds me of the days of Windows 98 and ME when it was necessary to keep switching off to be able to continue using the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…