No internet connection after XP Service 3.0

Cassy 12:31 13 Jul 08

I use Tiscali broadband as my ISP with XP and have downloaded Software Distribution Service 3.0 twice and after each time I have no internet connection and have had to use my 'System Restore' to take me back so that I can use the internet. I DO NOT have Norton but do have the following programmes which may influence the problem:
ZoneAlarm
Fix-It Utilities 7
a-squared anti-walware
AVG free 8
Bitdefender 8
Mailwasher free
Please can you advise.
Thank You
Cassy

VoG II 12:37 13 Jul 08

This may help click here

cocteau48 12:54 13 Jul 08

You can soon tell if its ZoneAlarm at fault by reducing the firewall setting within ZoneAlarm from high to medium.
If that gets you your connection back then download the new version of ZoneAlarm.

Stuartli 13:02 13 Jul 08

The most likely reason (if it is SP3 to which you are referring) is that SP3 did cut off internet access in some cases.

The only problem I have experienced was with a friend's wireless setup and reinstalling the wireless dongle/router's driver proved the solution.

Cassy 14:00 13 Jul 08

Thank you all for your help, with ZoneAlarm I downloaded the latest version 7.0 483.000 and then KB951748 and I can now get the internet after the download.
Thanks again your help is invaluable
Cassy

ttmiller01 19:06 13 Jul 08

Hi,
I have a similar problem. My wireless connection stops working after the windows update (software distribution service 3.0). I have to do system restore, which fixes the problem. But do i need this update? and if it is critical how can i resolve the issue with the wireless.

I also have ZoneAlarm, but it is the updated version 7.0

thanks in advance for any advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…