No Internet Connection

ponytail 26 Mar 12

My wife has suddenly found that there is no internet connection on here laptop.It is wireless.I can get the internet on my PC so there is no problem there it must be something to do with the wireless connection.It was working ok a few hours ago can someone advise.

Nontek 26 Mar 12

What laptop? Some have a Fn switch for WiFi on/off, and I believe some might have a small switch on edge of laptop with same function.

ponytail 26 Mar 12

Hi nontek it is a Samsung N130 I cant se any switch but it still says Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage

buteman 26 Mar 12

Have you tried using another browser or can you still send e-mails.

If a modem and a router switch off both for 30 seconds,switch the Modem back on and 1 minute later switch the router back on.See if that helps.

Nontek 26 Mar 12

Try hitting the Fn Key and F2, this could be the wifi on/off switch. Or look for a F Key with a wifi symbol on it if F2 does not work.

buteman 26 Mar 12

Not sure if you have this on your laptop or not but if so maybe give it a run.

There is page 1 and 2 on this.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howtoguideseq=2164&prdiacd=N0000136&map_seq=20101

buteman 26 Mar 12

Sorry it did not work.it was just if you had Magic Doctor on your computer.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-N130

Nontek 26 Mar 12

On checking further, F9 is the LAN on/off switch.

Nontek 26 Mar 12

click on User Manual under the word English

This shows all Fn key functions and much more.

Nontek 26 Mar 12

My link above takes you to same as butemans link :-))

ponytail 26 Mar 12

Hi Buteman nothing happened when I clicked on your link.Cannot send any emails.What does a key with a wireless symbol look like

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message