No internet acess but wirless connection is on

satishkanthyc 16:09 04 Jan 08

Hello All,

I am currently using a BT Internet and its connected through a wirless router. I am able to connect to the wireless and am able to reboot the router also . But i have no access to internet. In beginning when i used to reboot the router i used to have acess to router but nowadays i am not able to. Kindly let know what has to be done, coz i have tried to rectify the LAN setting the IP setting but none have worked.

FreeCell 16:54 04 Jan 08

What make/model wireless router are you using?

satishkanthyc 17:02 04 Jan 08

I shall have to check n let you know , but is it really important. Coz a week back i was able to connect to internet as i only had to reboot the router. But now i am not able to acess internet completely

Newuser939 18:33 04 Jan 08

Funnily enough I had exactly the same problem on BT internet this morning. Unplugging the router from the mains, leaving it 10 seconds and then plugging it in again solved it for me.

FreeCell 15:07 05 Jan 08

It's always helpful to know what hardware you are using so that people can give you specific instructions on how to resolve your problem.

As you can connect to the router from your PC but not the internet then the problem likely lies with the router. Powering off and on again or switching it off and on using any power button will force the modem to reconnect to BT broadband and this may resolve the problem. Otherwise check the settings in the router for your broadband to make sure they have not been corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…