No internet access through router!

kam88 23:11 25 Dec 05

Hello,

Not sure how this works im new here! Ive got a Trendnet wireless 54G ADSL router (model number TEW-435BRM) and running Windows XP pro. My ISP is PIPEX ADSL 2MB. I set up my router via the instructions..it all seems to be working fine except i cant seem to browse the internet after setting it up. I did the auto set up and the settings seemed correct the connection was connected ( i figured that it was connected when i looked at the status page on the router menu) when i open a new browser it says "page cannot be displayed" tried all the solutions in tren nets knowledge base but theres not much there to help. I was wondering if anyone else could help me set up the connection. i have upgraded the firmware on the router and still cant seem to get anywhere!

Many thanks, hope to hear from you

Reagards,
Kam

LastChip 18:26 26 Dec 05

How were you connected to the Internet before you used a router?

Were you part of a network, before the router connection?

Which operating system are you using?

Which browser are you using?

Taff™ 19:32 26 Dec 05

Check that the Username and password supplied by Pipex are used in full. For example mine are something like abc12%dsl.pipex.net not just abc12.

In Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Connection Tab and select "Never Dial A Connection" further down click on the LAN settings button and uncheck everything including "Automatically detect ...."

kam88 19:35 26 Dec 05

Thanks alot to everyone who replied. After trying and trying and trying! i got it working! the problem was that the auto setup kept on getting the DNS server settings wrong..so i selectd "obtain from server" restarted the pc and it suddenly WORKED :D. Thanks alot to Last chip and Taff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…