No internet access through router!

kam88 23:11 25 Dec 05

Hello,

Not sure how this works im new here! Ive got a Trendnet wireless 54G ADSL router (model number TEW-435BRM) and running Windows XP pro. My ISP is PIPEX ADSL 2MB. I set up my router via the instructions..it all seems to be working fine except i cant seem to browse the internet after setting it up. I did the auto set up and the settings seemed correct the connection was connected ( i figured that it was connected when i looked at the status page on the router menu) when i open a new browser it says "page cannot be displayed" tried all the solutions in tren nets knowledge base but theres not much there to help. I was wondering if anyone else could help me set up the connection. i have upgraded the firmware on the router and still cant seem to get anywhere!

Many thanks, hope to hear from you

Reagards,
Kam

LastChip 18:26 26 Dec 05

How were you connected to the Internet before you used a router?

Were you part of a network, before the router connection?

Which operating system are you using?

Which browser are you using?

Taff™ 19:32 26 Dec 05

Check that the Username and password supplied by Pipex are used in full. For example mine are something like abc12%dsl.pipex.net not just abc12.

In Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Connection Tab and select "Never Dial A Connection" further down click on the LAN settings button and uncheck everything including "Automatically detect ...."

kam88 19:35 26 Dec 05

Thanks alot to everyone who replied. After trying and trying and trying! i got it working! the problem was that the auto setup kept on getting the DNS server settings wrong..so i selectd "obtain from server" restarted the pc and it suddenly WORKED :D. Thanks alot to Last chip and Taff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…