No input signal displayed on monitor

TAMPICO 20:38 27 Sep 05

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro graphics card. Just lately when I boot up my system I get the message NO INPUT SIGNAL displayed on my monitor. I have tried another monitor and get the same massage. If I reboot several times I will eventually get windows on. Is my graphics card on it's way out or is it something else. Help

ICF 20:39 27 Sep 05

I would say yes.Sorry

Totally-braindead 20:41 27 Sep 05

I would try removing it and reseating it in case its just a bit of dirt affecting the contacts.

Totally-braindead 20:50 27 Sep 05

If the removing and reseating doesn't work then I would see if you can try it on another PC. If you are able to do this then that at least will tell you whether its the graphics card that is at fault or not.

Gongoozler 20:59 27 Sep 05

Hi TAMPICO. When you boot your computer, do you get all the other indications that it's working properly - POST beep, hard drive activity, Windows sounds etc? If you don't, then it's probably something more fundamental than the graphics card or monitor that is at fault.

TAMPICO 20:14 06 Oct 05

Thanx for the suggestions, but it turned out to be a dodgy connection with one of my memory modules, needed re-seating. Now working fine again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…